Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sick... and Tired

Had a real tragedy occur last week with the passing of my Father. My Dad had some major health issues over the last 5-7 years but appeared to be in pretty good health. He lived in Indianapolis - along way from Toano, VA so we didn't see each other much. We believe he had a heart attack or something but aren't certain. I'm just glad he didn't have a protracted illness such as my mother, who died of cancer 10 years ago or so. I do know that my Pops had really suffered after my Mom died - I don't even think he looked at another woman. We'll all miss my Dad.

While in Indianapolis, between traveling, dealing with subzero weather, terrible sleep patterns and even worse eating patterns, along with a dose of depression, my wife and I came down with some sort of bug. I haven't been what I would classify ans sick but I certainly don't feel 100%. Always tired, sometimes feeling sore (neck, chest, etc.). I haven't felt good on the bike - no surprise there.

This combined absence and illness (??) I put a hole in my CTL and ATL I haven't been able to put in any solid training sessions, although I have been on the bike quite a bit in order to not lose too much fitness. I've been trying to listen to the body , so to speak, so I purposely haven't been "killing it." I guess that, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment