Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Race Weekend

We had relatively good weather here in our area this last weekend and luckily had 2 races to attend. I say "relatively" good weather since we had seriously gusty winds (although reaally warm) at the Snow Cone race in Richmond on Saturday. The Snowball Crit on Sunday in Chesapeake, VA was cool but not too bad, especially considering it's still February.

The Snow Cone race went well, felt really good physically and mentally (I think I still suffer a bit due to my broken collarbone last year) and had a good plan for attacking at the end of the race...until I flatted with 3 laps to go. No spare wheel... nice.

The Snow Ball race was pretty much the same minus the flat. I didn't place in the top 5 as I'd hoped but some sketchiness on the last lap kind of held me back. Perhaps I should rephrase - I didn't get into the top 3 on the last lap so people f'd with me. My fault - next time I plan to attack at the bell... 2 weeks away so we'll see.

No pics... sorry... wait I found one online at the Team Traveller site (flickr acct).
go check them out
www.teamtraveller.com
http://www.flickr.com/

photos/teamtraveller/

No comments:

Post a Comment