Saturday, February 12, 2011

Real Speed

OK so I used to tell people that the thing I liked about cycling, other than the benefits of being very fit, was the sense of speed and control (and being a bit on the edge) while diggin into a corner in a criterium. I don't know if I still think that after crashing heavily last year and breaking my collarbone in multiple places.

I have a new definition of the feeling of speed and control - A Porsche C4 Carrara. I believe it was 1 2003, but it really doesn't matter. A friend of mine just found a very-low-mileage one and just took delivery. He took me out yesterday and all I can say is "Wow." Straight-line speed, braking, cornering - all truly exceptional.

I wonder if I could get one w/o my wife knowing about it. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment