Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snowball Criterium 2

Did my first race in a number of years (we won't mention how many) at the Snowball Criterium 2 in Chesapeake, VA. Nice event, nice course, although a bit shorter than I'd prefer. I raced Cat 5 and my plan was to simply see what it was like racin in a group. I forgot about how most of the guys don't really comprehend bike handling so it was scary at times. Heard a few pedals strike the pavement but luckily they were all behind me and if there were crashes I didn't see them. I did plan to pull as much as I could as I don't see the point of waiting until the end of the race to try and outsprint the field - I'd rather be strong enough to pull away from the front. AT least that's the plan for the future. I'll post pics if I can get some from somewhere - I didn't take any.

No comments:

Post a Comment