Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday Bike Beat Shop Ride

Some of the local riders join a ride out of Bike Beat in Williamsburg, VA. Ride is normally just under a couple hours or so. Sometimes that pace is pretty solid. A good example is yesterday.We had one of the stronger riders in the area, Justin Raynes, with us. He's prepping for a near-term race so was pushing some high-intensity stuff. That actually felt good right up to the point when it didn't. I've been concentrating or really nothing but Zone 2 base since mid December with no interval work at all. That should start very soon in March (to some extent). Anyway, my fitness is returning although I have a long way to go. Prior to August 2009 I was off the bike for over 10 years - I say 10 years as it really is longer that than but if I actually say how long that is, I'll feel older than I already do. Here's a pic on the way to the ride:


Here are some pics of the old LeMond Zurich I've been riding along with one of the new frame, a Garneau Sonix 6.4. I plan to get that built up today and get on it tomorrow for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment